• Hiện tại trang web đang trong quá hình chuyển đổi và tái cấu trúc lại chuyên mục nên có thể một vài chức năng chưa hoàn thiện, một số bài viết và chuyên mục sẽ thay đổi. Nếu sự thay đổi này làm bạn phiền lòng, mong bạn thông cảm. Chúng tôi luôn hoan nghênh mọi ý kiến đóng góp để chúng tôi hoàn thiện và phát triển. Cảm ơn

PHƯƠNG PHÁP CỨU HP4700 BỊ LỖI TRONG QUÁ TRÌNH UP ROM

ngocvy

Thử cách này xem nhé, mình đã revive được con 4700 của mình theo cách này rồi đấy. Mình quote ra ở đây để ai cần thì tham khảo xem, có thể có ích cho ai đó:
"Several month ago I was trying to reflash our iPAQ hx4700 but the ROM upgrade failed after 18% reporting the message message "ERROR 606: USB timeout communicating with the bootloader". We were no longer able to fix this problem trying all versions of ActiveSync and several desktop computers – the result was always same – crash after 18%. The iPAQ wasn’t able to boot and it only showed the bootloader screen with HP logo and “Serial”/”USB” text.
This info is for those having the similar problem (maybe also with other type of iPAQ) and having no chance to solve this problem via HP service (which is ready to replace the main board in this case). Please do not try this if you are not skilled user and if you are not sure that your problem is same as mine.

We tried to find the relevant information on the web and we found these forums:
http://discussion.brighthand.com/sh...&perpage=10&highlight=bootloader&pagenumber=1
http://mobilitytoday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7567
http://www.ipaqhq.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17377

Merging these sources helped us to repair the device.

All you need is a desktop computer with MS Windows, at least 256 MB SD Card, other functional iPAQ hx4700 which can be hard-reset (or nb0 ROM image instead) and Multi-port/USB TTY utility (available here - or other terminal utility being able to connect via USB).

The steps are following:

How to put the ROM image on the SD card:
1. Put the working device the Bootloader mode (see the section below).
WARNING: this action will hard-reset the device and all the programs and data will be lost. Do the backup if you need to have them back.
2. Put it into the cradle and connect it to the USB.
3. Put the empty 256 MB SD Card into iPAQ’s SD slot.
4. Kill the ActiveSync process (wcecomm.exe) on desktop computer.
5. Run Multi-port/USB TTY utility and choose the port \\.\WCEUSBSH00x (where x may be any number – I experienced 1,2 and 3). Do not change anything else. See this screenshot.

6. When the program starts press enter a couple of times until the prompt USB> will be shown
7. Type: password BOOTLOADER You should see this.

8. When you are at this enter the command: d2s
WARNING: this will erase all data from your SD card
9. The working ROM image should start copying to the SD card.
10. When it will be finished (can be seen on both device and TTY window), take the device out of the cradle and soft-reset it. It will start as after hard-reset. You can install all the programs or restore the backup (which I am not a fan of).
11. Mind that the SD card contains the raw data and cannot be read in the card reader (but you will be able to format it later).

How to load the ROM image from SD card to iPAQ:
1. Take the battery off the broken iPAQ.
2. Take the SD Card with ROM image and put it into iPAQ’s SD slot.
3. Put the battery back and activate the Bootloader mode (see the section below).
4. Put the device into the cradle (to make sure it will have enough power) but do not connect its USB cable.
5. You will see as the ROM flashing starts – the percentage should be increasing (very slowly).
6. Apply the hard-reset.

How to put the iPAQ hx4700 into Bootloader mode
Press the POWER + iTASK + CONTACTS buttons at the same time and hold all of them. Then shortly press the Reset button on the bottom and release all of them. The screen with HP logo in the middle will appear having the bootloader version at the bottom and the text “Serial” on the top. If you will connect the device to USB, the text “Serial” will change to “USB”.

How to do this all without having another iPAQ
The ROM update utility contain the NBF file. This file contains the header and the ROM image data. I inspired with http://www.tweaks2k2.com/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=8&showtopic=61
and found that for hx4700 you need to delete leading 2600 bytes to obtain the raw ROM image (there should leave 64 bytes and then the text signature ECEC). Unfortunately the steps described there also failed on the USB timeout.

If you have the same problem, you will need to find the utility which will write this image on the SD card (I mean raw write – without any file system) but I didn’t go this way and I am not sure if it works."

Chúc vui.